Starting January 15, 2022, Notre Dame’s medical plans will cover most COVID-19 tests at no cost to the member.
- Medical plan participants are able to obtain up to 8 tests per month for each covered member.
- Members may purchase COVID-19 tests at any retail location and pay at the register. They should save their receipts and will be able to submit a paper claim for reimbursement. The maximum reimbursement per test is $12. This maximum is based on the number of tests, not the number of boxes, meaning that a box of 2 tests would be eligible for $24 in reimbursement.
- The Wellness Center pharmacy may have a limited supply of tests. In order to allow as many individuals as possible to obtain tests, the Wellness Center will limit the number of tests each visitor may purchase based on quantities available. When purchasing at the Wellness Center, members will have to pay the full cost of the tests and will need to submit their receipts for reimbursement.
- Tests purchased before January 15 are not eligible for reimbursement.
- OptumRx now has an online form for reimbursement
ID: Listed on your Anthem ID card
This is a rapidly evolving situation. As more details become available, they will be provided on this page.