Awards & Recognition
Awards and recognition programs create a positive work environment, improve employee morale and motivate high performance. At the University of Notre Dame, we strive to create a culture of appreciation and celebration through our various awards and recognition programs, which include the Presidential Awards, the Presidential Team Irish Awards and our Service Awards.
Our programs are designed to:
- Align with Core Values and organizational goals
- Present a memorable and meaningful experience for the recipient
- Provide consistent guidelines across the organization
- Attract, develop, empower and retain individuals
- Integrate with our performance culture
The Presidential Award program has been designed to provide a special and unique opportunity to publicly recognize individuals who exemplify the University's core values through three types of awards: Achievement, Values and Leadership. This recognition occurs during a dinner event held on the Monday following Commencement each May.
Presidential Achievement Award
The Presidential Achievement Award rewards and recognizes an individual for significant achievement to the betterment of the University and whose actions exemplify Notre Dame’s Core Values.
Presidential Values Award
The Presidential Values Award rewards and recognizes an individual who lives the University’s mission and is a role model exemplifying all of the Core Values.
Presidential Leadership Award
The Presidential Leadership Award recognizes a regular, exempt or non-exempt staff supervisor for outstanding servant leadership.
Presidential Team Irish Awards
The Presidential Team Irish Award program has been designed to provide a special and unique opportunity to publicly recognize core staff teams that exemplify the University’s Core Values on behalf of their department and the University. The recognition of a significant accomplishment, collaboration or initiative where the Core Values were demonstrated will occur during each of the home football games.
Currently, milestones reached in years of service are celebrated at a dinner event held on the Monday following Commencement each May. Honorees at this event include:
- Staff employees who have achieved 10, 15, 20, 25 or more years of service (in 5-year increments)
- Those who have or are planning to retire during the current fiscal year
- Past recipients of service awards for 40+ years of service with the University
- Supervisors of honorees