Benefit Enhancements - July 2016
Several improved University benefit programs now provide Notre Dame faculty and staff more time and flexibility to manage their personal and professional lives. These improvements follow the University’s consideration of many comments and suggestions received from faculty and staff.
For more information about these programs (including eligibility), please see the webpages below, or contact askHR at askHR@nd.edu or 574-631-5900.
Bright Horizons Care Advantage
- The Bright Horizons Care Advantage program includes short-term, back-up care for unexpected child or elder care needs, and an online provider directory for on-going family care solutions. Available to regular full-time faculty and staff (exempt and non-exempt). Bright Horizons Care Advantage
- Notre Dame’s Parental Leave benefit allows four (4) weeks of 100% paid leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child. Available to all regular full-time staff (exempt and non-exempt). Parental Leave
Short Term Income Replacement
- Short-Term Income Replacement (STIR) replaces regular pay in the event of an extended work absence due to qualifying illness or injury. Available to regular full-time and part-time non-exempt staff who work a regular schedule of twenty hours or more per week. Short-Term Income Replacement
- Incidental Days are paid leave days which may be used for personal illness/injury or that of a qualifying family member. Available to regular full-time and part-time non-exempt staff who work a regular schedule of twenty hours or more per week. Incidental Days
Increased Educational Benefits
- Tuition reimbursements have been increased for full-time staff seeking degrees (including doctoral degrees) or job-related certifications. Increased educational benefits
- Information Session for Staff PowerPoint slides (PPT)
- Information Session for Managers/Supervisors PowerPoint slides (PPT)
For more information, contact askHR at askHR@nd.edu or 574-631-5900.