Top 5 FAQ Answers

Q: Where can I see if I have a premium credit from last year?

A: To confirm if you have received the Health Screening Credit in 2020, please view your paystub. Follow the directions on this website for Employee Self-Service or click this instruction sheet on how to view your payroll statement. Look for Medical-Health Quotient Credit on your paystub. The credits you see will be below.

Credit Amounts for semi-monthly or biweekly pays

  • HQ Credit – Individual – $7.50
  • HQ Credit – Spouse – $4.00
  • HQ Credit – Individual + Spouse $11.50

Credit amounts for monthly pays

  • HQ Credit – Individual – $15.00
  • HQ Credit – Spouse – $8.00
  • HQ Credit – Individual + Spouse $23.00

Q: How do I change my HSA contribution?

A: The following steps will provide assistance in making changes to your annual HSA contribution elections:

1. Log into This site uses your netID and password to log in via Okta. Okta enrollment instructions and more Okta information is available at:

2. Once you have logged into, select “Initiate Qualifying Events”, which is located on the right-hand side of the screen under “Quick Links”. For the Qualifying Event Name, select “HSA Employee Contribution Change”. Follow the on-screen instructions for selecting the effective date for your HSA contribution change.

3. On the Agreement Acceptance page, click on each of the “Employee Usage Agreement” and “Legal Agreement” links to authorize online election changes (you will confirm the elections in a later step). Then select the green “Continue” button. On the Demographics page, review and confirm your employee information before selecting the green “Save & Continue” button.

4. On the “Select your Benefit Plans” page, select the amount you would like to annually contribute to the Health Savings Account. This is an annual election. Your employee contributions to the HSA for the remainder of the calendar year will equal your desired annual election, less any year-to-date employee HSA amounts already contributed to your account, spread over the anticipated number of payroll periods for the remainder of the year. This amount per pay period for the remainder of the year may not match the “Total Cost” amount displayed on the site.

5. Once the updated annual employee HSA contribution amount has been entered, select the yellow “Enroll Now” button. Review your election before selecting the green “Continue” button.

6. Review your Beneficiary’s information before selecting the green “Save & Continue” button. HSA beneficiaries may be elected via Fidelity through

7. Lastly, review your confirmation statement and select the green “Finish” button.

Q: How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) process?

A: Federal law requires employers to verify the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired (or rehired) employees by ensuring each employee’s completion of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within three business days of the start date of employment (or for faculty, within three business days of the contract start date).

Verification is a two-step process:

  • Step 2. To verify Section Two of Form I-9, you must present original, unexpired documentation to verify your identity and employment authorization to the Office of Human Resources located in 200 Grace Hall. This step must be completed within three business days of your start date of employment.

Q: Where can I get a COVID-19 test in the community?

A: Please visit this Off-campus Testing Locations page to learn where you can get a COVID-19 test in the community.

Q: How do I change my 403b voluntary election? How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?

A: Faculty and staff who make (or wish to make) voluntary contributions to the University of Notre Dame 403(b) Retirement Plan can personally manage their voluntary contributions online. To change or cancel your voluntary contributions:

  1. Log in to
  2. Follow the Contribution Amount link under Quick Links.
  3. For help, see the how-to guide, or call a Fidelity representative at 877-963-0242.

To schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation, visit If you prefer to schedule a consultation over the phone, call 877-963-0242 to speak with a Fidelity representative.

Q: What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2020?

Holiday Date
Good Friday April 10
Memorial Day May 25
Independence Day July 3
Labor Day September 7
Thanksgiving November 26-27
Christmas Celebration December 24 – 25, and December 28-30
New Year’s Celebration December 31, 2020 – January 1, 2021

Send us your comments and questions.