Leave Management Resources


The University realizes that Incidental, FMLA and STIR can be challenging to understand and provides the following resources to assist faculty, supervisors and staff.

Requesting FMLA and/or STIR Leave

Faculty leave requests

Faculty may request FMLA leave by calling the Office of Human Resources at 574-631-5900.

Staff leave requests

Staff may request FMLA and/or STIR leave by contacting the University’s FMLA leave administrator, CareWorks at (888) 436-9530.

Staff members must also notify their supervisor of the need for FMLA.


Faculty Resources

UND Faculty Handbook – Faculty Family and Medical Leave Policy

Resources for Supervisors and Staff

Incidental Days Guide for Managers and Staff (PDF)
Return-to-Work/Work Release Form (PDF)
FMLA/STIR Quick Reference Card (PDF)
FMLA/STIR Checklist for Supervisors and Staff (PDF)
FMLA/STIR Leave Management Toolkit (PDF)
MyTimeOff quick reference guide for Managers
MyTimeOff quick reference guide for Exempt Staff
Absence Report quick reference guide for Managers
Leave Management Training Sessions
Time Off/Leaves/Holidays policies