Bright Horizons Care Adavantage
for Faculty, Exempt and Non-Exempt Staff
The University of Notre Dame recognizes the importance of having more time and flexibility to meet your family’s needs. Effective July 1, 2016, the University is providing a new benefit to assist faculty and staff in managing personal commitments.
This benefit is available to regular full-time faculty and staff (exempt and non-exempt) beginning July 1, 2016.
About the Benefit
The Bright Horizons CareAdvantage program includes:
- Back-up care for unexpected, short-term child or elder care needs
- An online provider directory for on-going family care solutions
The Bright Horizons CareAdvantage program provides short-term, last-minute child and elder care services for low, University-subsidized co-payments.
Usage: Eligible faculty and staff may use back-up care up to 15 days per year.
Co-payments: Co-payments for center-based care are $15 per child or $25 per family, per day. Co-payments for in-home care are $6 per hour with a 4-hour minimum.
Online Provider Directory
Care Advantage also assists faculty and staff in securing on-going family care solutions through an online directory of providers and services including child care, elder care, pet sitters, housekeeping and tutoring/test preparation.
Cost: Use of the directory is free; cost of services will vary by provider.
How to Register and Arrange Services
Pre-registration is required before services may be arranged. Registration is free. Register beginning July 1, 2016 at www.CareAdvantage.com/NotreDame (username: NDCare, password: gond). You will be required to create a personal username and password.
Once registered, services may be arranged online or by calling Bright Horizons CareAdvantage at 877-BH-CARES (242-2737).
- Fact Sheet – Bright Horizons Back-up Care (PDF)
- Flyer – Back-up infant care after parental leave (PDF)
- Flyer – Back-up elder care (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2016?