The Be Well Series is a monthly health and wellness education series for benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses. From high blood pressure to skin cancer to home safety, these quick on-campus programs are designed to help you lead a happier, healthier life.
April-May 2014: Stress Awareness
This six-part series will help you recognize stress and provide resources to help you manage it.
- Thursday, April 3 – Managing and Rating your Stress. What stress is, how it affects us physically and mentally, and how to start down your path to managing it.
- Thursday, April 10 – Awareness of Stress: Making the Connection. How to make the connection between stress and the present moment.
- Thursday, April 17 – Self Care Resources. How stress can interfere with your ability to manage your health. Information on the Wellness Center, Employee Assistance Program, University Counseling Center, campus spiritual resources, and more.
- Thursday, April 24 – Resilience: Bouncing Back. Manage day to day pressures as we encounter change and adversity.
- Thursday, May 1 – Relief and Relaxation. Finding positive ways to ease stress and pressure in your life.
- Thursday, May 8 – What’s Next? Implement the strategies you have learned and incorporate them into your daily life.
All sessions are 12:15-12:45 p.m. in the Meeting Room at Rolfs Sports Rec Center
Space is limited. To RSVP, call askHR at 574‑631‑5900 or schedule online at the HR Appointment Scheduler at inside.nd.edu.
May – Hypertension
June – Risk Reduction: Back Pain, Skin Cancer, Arthritis, and Diabetes
July – Risk Reduction, cont’d: Heart Disease, Obesity, and Cancer
A program of the Notre Dame Wellness Center, in collaboration with the Office of Human Resources, Food Services, and Office of Recreational Sports. Available to all full-time benefit-eligible faculty and staff.
The Notre Dame Wellness Center is operated by Take Care Health Systems, a division of Walgreens. Patient records are confidential as required by federal law. For more information, visit hr.nd.edu/benefits/NDWC/privacy.
*For best results, open with a current version of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader