New Student Employee Toolkit
Welcome to the University of Notre Dame
The Office of Human Resources welcomes you to the University of Notre Dame!
Please take a few moments to review the following requirements you must complete as a student employee:
Notice – If you are an incoming F-1 or J-1 Visa holder, please check-in with International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA) in 105 Main Building prior to completing Form I-9.
Complete Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
Within three business days of the start date of employment, your Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) must be completed with the Office of Human Resources.
Verification is a two-step process: following completion of Section One online, you must present original, unexpired documentation in-person at the Office of Human Resources to complete Section Two.
More about the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) process.
Log in to insideND and complete payroll information
InsideND is the University’s online community and self-service portal where employees may complete their federal and state withholding information, set up direct deposit, view pay stubs, and much more.
1. Log in to insideND
Visit inside.nd.edu and log in with your ND NetID and password.
2. Complete your direct deposit information in insideND
Complete your direct deposit enrollment with the “Direct Deposit” Quick App on insideND. Direct Deposit Instructions (PDF).
3. Complete your federal and state tax withholding information in insideND
Complete your federal and state tax withholding information using the “Tax Withholding Elections” Quick App on insideND.
- Federal withholding: all University employees must complete federal withholding through insideND, the University’s employee self-service website. Federal Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- State/County withholding (IN and MI residents): all University employees who will reside in Michigan or Indiana during employment must complete state withholding information through insideND, the University’s employee self-service website. State/County Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- State/County withholding (residents of other states): University employees who both reside and work outside of Indiana or Michigan should contact Payroll Services at 574-631-7575 prior to submitting their state/county withholding elections.
If withholding information is not entered prior to the closing of a pay period, withholdings for that pay period will automatically be defaulted to the maximum withholding amount. You may update your withholdings at any time to be effective during the next possible pay period.
For additional assistance regarding tax withholding, please contact Payroll Services at 574-631-7575.
Review payroll calendar
See your scheduled pay dates on the Controller’s Payroll website.
How can we help?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our askHR customer service center is ready to answer your questions in person, on the phone, or via email:
We’re glad you’re here. Welcome to Notre Dame!
The Office of Human Resources