Last Updated 11/09
Applies to Administrators, Faculty, and Staff
Payroll advances are primarily intended to facilitate the processing of an initial salary/wage payment to a new University employee or faculty member whose requisite employment forms may not have been processed in sufficient time for a regularly scheduled payday. Payroll advances are not issued, including the early release of checks, prior to an employee’s departure for vacation or extended leave.
Pay advances may be issued for:
- An individual who has a severe financial hardship such as a family medical emergency, threatened foreclosure or eviction from a primary residence, or termination of utilities may qualify for a payroll advance.
- Individuals requesting a pay advance must submit a written request which includes the circumstances of the request, the amount requested, and the proposed plans for repayment.
- Faculty requests are submitted to the Office of the Provost for consideration.
- Employee requests are submitted first to the individual’s supervisor for approval and then to the Office of Human Resources for final review.
Any person receiving a financial hardship advance with repayment terms extending beyond the next paycheck will be required to sign a Promissory Note agreeing to repay the advance and an Authorization of Deduction from Wages allowing the University to deduct the repayments from future earnings.
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2016?