Direct Deposit and Tax Withholding - Online
Last Updated 04/14
Applies to Faculty, Staff, Temporary and Student Employees
All faculty, staff, temporary, and student employees hired by the University must complete Tax Withholding and Direct Deposit elections online through InsideND.
1. Complete your direct deposit information in insideND
Complete your direct deposit enrollment with the “Direct Deposit” Quick App on insideND. Direct Deposit Instructions (PDF).
A paper check will be produced for anyone unable to complete this process for the applicable pay period. You may pick up your check at Payroll Services, 724 Grace Hall, upon completion of your online direct deposit election. A picture ID must be presented on-site to pick up your check.
2. Complete your federal and state tax withholding information in insideND
Complete your federal and state tax withholding information using the “Tax Withholding Elections” Quick App on insideND.
- Federal withholding: all University employees must complete federal withholding through insideND, the University’s employee self-service website. Federal Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- State/County withholding (IN and MI residents): all University employees who will reside in Michigan or Indiana during employment must complete state withholding information through insideND, the University’s employee self-service website. State/County Withholding Instructions (PDF).
- State/County withholding (residents of other states): University employees who both reside and work outside of Indiana or Michigan should contact Payroll Services at 574-631-7575 prior to submitting their state/county withholding elections.
If withholding information is not entered prior to the closing of a pay period, withholdings for that pay period will automatically be defaulted to the maximum withholding amount. You may update your withholdings at any time to be effective during the next possible pay period.
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2017?