Top 5 FAQ Answers
Q: How do I contact The Hartford?
A: Effective July 1, 2016, The Hartford is the University’s administrator of staff FMLA and STIR leave requests. Staff may request leave by contacting The Hartford:
- By phone: 1-877-877-6067 (8 am – 9 pm EST); language translation services are available
- On the web: www.TheHartfordatWork.com
- On your mobile device: Download the app for free from any mobile device by searching for “My Benefits at The Hartford” at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Q: How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) process?
A: Federal law requires employers to verify the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired (or rehired) employees by ensuring each employee’s completion of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within three business days of the start date of employment (or for faculty, within three business days of the contract start date).
Verification is a two-step process:
- Step 1. Using a secure link that will be provided via email immediately upon hire, you will log into the secure site to complete Section One of online Form I-9 on or prior to your start date of employment. Complete Section One online now or view the Online Form I-9 Instructions.
- Step 2. To verify Section Two of Form I-9, you must present original, unexpired documentation to verify your identity and employment authorization to the Office of Human Resources located in 200 Grace Hall. This step must be completed within three business days of your start date of employment.
Q: How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
A: To schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation, visit netbenefits.com/nd. If you prefer to schedule a consultation over the phone, call 877-963-0242 to speak with a Fidelity representative.
Q: How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
A: To obtain additional Meritain Health Insurance Cards:
- Option 1: Contact Meritain Customer Service at 1-888-668-6855.
- Option 2: Log on to www.mymeritain.com. If this is your first visit to the website, click on Create a New User Account. Once logged in, you may request additional ID cards or view and print a temporary ID card under the Learn About My Benefits section on the homepage.
To print your Delta Dental ID Card:
- Visit www.consumertoolkit.com
- Log in. If this is your first visit to the website, click on Register Now.
- Once logged in, select Print ID Card from the menu on the left side of the screen.
To obtain your EyeMed ID Card:
- Option 1: Contact EyeMed Customer Care Center at 866-9EYEMED.
- Option 2: Log on to www.eyemedvisioncare.com/member/. If this is your first visit to the website, click on Create an Online Account Now. Once logged in, you may print an ID card under the View Your Benefits section on the homepage.
Q: What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2017?
|Good Friday||April 14|
|Memorial Day||May 29|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||September 4|
|Thanksgiving||November 23 – 24|
|Christmas Celebration||December 22 – 29|
|New Year’s Celebration||December 31, 2017 – January 2, 2018|