Notre Dame Leadership Rotation Program
The Notre Dame Rotation Program is designed to develop individuals to take on leadership responsibilities in the University. Participants experience three six-month assignments in departments across campus. These assignments allow the participants to learn about the University from a new perspective while providing valuable work to the host department.
Candidates are nominated by their Vice President and are interviewed by the Office of Human Resources and the Executive Vice President.
Learn about our current Leadership Rotation Program Cohort
Approximately 18 months; duration may vary depending on assignments.
Types of Assignments(Examples)
- Project Management – manage compensation redesign project in Human Resources.
- Process Improvement – develop communications and training for process improvement. Work with project teams.
- Budget Office – work side by side budget office staff learning all aspects of the budget process.
- Immersion – work in an area and experience all aspects of the operation. Oversee a major project for the area.
- Benchmark, evaluate and recommend a solution for a problem.
Throughout the program participants meet regularly with Human Resources and the Executive Vice President to discuss career planning, assignments, and progress.
The participants along with the program manager, Vice President Human Resources, and Executive Vice President read books and then discuss how to apply the lessons learned. What they’ve read:
- What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There – Marshall Goldsmith and Mark Reiter
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
- Made To Stick – Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- The Score Takes Care of Itself – Bill Walsh.