Summary and Checklist
Page under construction – coming late Nov. 2016
In Stage 3: Do, you are taking the actions that help you reach the goals you set in Stage 2: Decide. You should have a well-written resume and cover letter, and you should also have polished networking and interviewing skills. Be prepared to assess your progress, and be willing to regroup if needed.
- Draft, revise, and proofread your resume
- Draft, revise, and proofread your cover letter
- Select networking opportunities and take advantage of them
- Review the Candidate Rating Form
- Review the sample interview questions and think through your responses
If you have followed the guidance provided in this guide, you should have a solid plan for your career development and be well on your way to making it happen.
Remember: your career is what you make of it. Dream big – but don’t get discouraged if you need to regroup and try again. The process takes time, a willingness to learn about your own strengths and weaknesses, and the ability to apply what you learn. But if you stick with it, apply the steps presented in this guide, and get help along the way, you’ll get there!
Back to Career Resources Guide Home