Summary and Checklist
Page under construction – coming late Nov. 2016
In the Discover stage it is important to assess yourself, your interests, and your motivations as they all relate to the world of work. We encourage you to take your time, study your assessment results and note the things that stand out.
Researching careers is also an important part of this stage. Thorough research will provide you with the information you need to move forward to Stage 2: Decide, when you will choose career areas to focus on and set S.M.A.R.T. career goals.
- Complete Ex. 1.1, the Holland Occupational Themes Assessment
- To take the MBTI or DISC assessments, contact askHR at 631-5900 or askHR@nd.edu.
- Complete Ex. 1.2, the Career Values checklist
- Complete Ex. 1.3, the Identifying and Addressing Internal Barriers checklist
- Research various career information online using HR’s compensation website or other online tools
- Schedule and conduct informational interviews to learn more about your career paths of choice
Continue: Stage 2: DECIDE