Career Resources Guide
Page under construction – coming late Nov. 2016
How This Guide Can Help You
This Career Resource Guide is your playbook for a successful career. If you follow the process outlined in this guide, you’ll gain valuable insights that could help you be more successful in your current role or accomplish new career goals.
Provided to you by Career Services for Notre Dame Staff, this guide will help you learn what career areas are the best fit for you, identify appropriate learning activities and programs, and suggest actions to move you in the right direction.
Remember – you are responsible for your own career and professional development. This self-directed process requires initiative and proactivity, so it’s important to take ownership of the process and participate fully to get the most out of it.
- Step One: Assess Yourself
- Exercise 1.1 Self-Assessment: Holland Occupational Themes
- Other Available Assessments
- Exercise 1.2 Career Values
- Exercise 1.3 Identifying and Addressing Internal Barriers
- Step Two: Research Careers
- Research Resources
- Step One: Choose a Career Focus and Commit
- Exercise 2.1 Identifying My Career Interests
- Step Two: Set Goals
- Exercise 2.2 Career Action Plan
- Create Your Written Marketing Tools
- Resume Checklist
- Cover Letter Checklist
- Verbal Marketing Tools
- Example Interview Questions
- Candidate Rating Form
Continue: The Career Management Process