About Career Services
How can Career Services for Notre Dame Staff help you?
Samples of our services
- Career assessments and checklists
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Interview tips and mock interviews
- Managing My Career
- Launching Me, Inc.
- Customized presentations for departmentsh2. Supporting Roles
To be meaningful and successful, career development must be a shared responsibility between you (the employee), your manager, and Human Resources.
It is up to you to take ownership of your career development. Throughout this process, you should:
pursue developmental feedback
- have open dialogue with your manager
- utilize available resources to develop your skills
- look for opportunities to learn while supporting the goals of the organization
- know yourself
Your Manager’s Role
While your career development is primarily your own responsibility, your manager may offer support and advice, help you identify skills gaps, and provide regular feedback. Consider asking your manager to:
- create appropriate developmental activities that will assist in generating success in the current role
- provide opportunities and resources that will assist in future advancement opportunities
- suggest alternatives
- monitor your progress
The Office of Human Resources also offers support and resources to employees and managers. HR can:
- facilitate developmental workshops and trainings
- update and maintain developmental resources
- identify and promote learning opportunities in line with organizational goals
Need more? Just askHR
The askHR Customer Service Center is ready to greet you personally at 200 Grace Hall, by telephone at 631-5900 or by email at email@example.com.
Please note: Career Services office hours are by appointment only. While Career Services for Notre Dame Staff provides tools and other resources to guide you in your career management, we are not responsible for placing employees in employment positions.