for Exempt and Non-Exempt Staff
The University of Notre Dame recognizes the importance of family and the challenges new parents may encounter. Effective July 1, 2016, the University is providing a new benefit to assist working parents in meeting the needs of their families.
This benefit is available to all regular full-time staff (exempt and non-exempt). The effective date of the birth or adoption event must be July 1, 2016 or after.
About the Benefit
Notre Dame’s Parental Leave benefit allows four (4) weeks of 100% paid leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child. The benefit, available to both parents if employed at Notre Dame, allows bonding time between the new parent(s) and the child.
The four weeks may be used in increments of one week or more. If both parents are employed at Notre Dame, they may take the Parental Leave concurrently or at separate times. Any unused Parental Leave at the end of the 12 months following the event will be forfeited.
Only one parental leave per staff member is permitted in a rolling 12-month period.
How to Apply
Staff should give notice in writing to their supervisor of the approximate dates of desired parental leave and should include documentation to support the qualifying event.
Additional Information and FAQ
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2016?