Benefit summaries provide a comprehensive list of benefits available to employees of Notre Dame based upon each type of benefit-eligible employment: faculty, administrators (exempt employees), and staff (non-exempt employees).
Full-Time: Working at least 30 hours per week.
Part-Time: Working at least 20 but less than 30 hours per week.
- Non-Exempt (PDF)
Appointments for faculty are defined in the Faculty Handbook; eligibility for benefits may be contingent on receiving a salary from Notre Dame.
- Full-Time Regular Faculty (PDF). Includes Teaching and Research (T&R), Research, Special Professional and Library
- Full-Time Visiting Faculty (PDF)
- Part-Time Regular Faculty (PDF). Includes Teaching and Research (T&R), Research, Special Professional and Library
- Adjunct (PDF)
Full-Time and Part-Time status defined by the Office of Research.
- Full-Time Paid Appointments (PDF). Includes Senior Research Associate, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Research Associate and Teaching Scholar
- Teachers in Training (PDF)
- Part-Time Appointments (PDF) (May be paid or unpaid). Includes External Funded Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Research Visitor, Visiting Scholar
Position Classification Changes
Summaries of important pay and benefit information resulting from a change in position classification: