Benefit summaries provide a comprehensive list of benefits available to employees of Notre Dame based upon each type of benefit-eligible employment: faculty, administrators (exempt employees), and staff (non-exempt employees).
Full-Time: Working at least 30 hours per week.
Part-Time: Working at least 20 but less than 30 hours per week.
- Non-Exempt (PDF)
Appointments for faculty are defined in the Faculty Handbook; eligibility for benefits may be contingent on receiving a salary from Notre Dame.
- Full-Time Regular Faculty (PDF). Includes Teaching and Research (T&R), Research, Special Professional and Library
- Full-Time Visiting Faculty (PDF)
- Part-Time Regular Faculty (PDF). Includes Teaching and Research (T&R), Research, Special Professional and Library
- Adjunct (PDF)
Full-Time and Part-Time status defined by the Office of Research.
- Full-Time Paid Appointments (PDF). Includes Senior Research Associate, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Research Associate and Teaching Scholar
- Teachers in Training (PDF)
- Part-Time Appointments (PDF) (May be paid or unpaid). Includes External Funded Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Research Visitor, Visiting Scholar
Position Classification Changes: summaries of important pay and benefit information resulting from a change in position classification: