If you are a non-exempt staff member who has earned eligibility for and is a participant in the University’s Pension Plan, you have the opportunity to use an interactive online tool called YPR. This is an acronym for Your Pension Resources, a tool the University of Notre Dame offers through our contract with Aon Hewitt.
With the web-based tool, YPR, you can estimate your pension benefit on a future eligible retirement date to see how much you may receive at retirement. This is an important tool to help you with your retirement planning.
Your pension benefit is designed to provide eligible participants with a guaranteed monthly income at retirement age. Calculation of benefit payments is based on the plan formula and other provisions taking into account factors such as years of service, age, and earnings. You will be able to run as many “what if” projections as you wish, at any time, to compare the outcome that different retirement dates might have on your potential future benefit. It is important to keep in mind that it is only an estimate.
What is YPR?
YPR, or Your Pension Resources, is a web-based tool to estimate a pension benefit on a future eligible retirement date to see how much a Pension Plan participant will receive at retirement.
Who has access to YPR?
- Active employees who are participants in the Employee Pension Plan will have access. (To be a participant, a non-exempt employee must have attained 1,000 hours of service in a year and have entered the plan on either a January 1st or July 1st entry date)
- In Human Resources (HR) the Retirement Benefits Specialist and the Benefits Manager have administrative access to YPR.
Will I have access to YPR if I leave the University?
No, YPR is only available to current Pension Plan participants who are active employees.
How do I access YPR?
You can access YPR by placing the URL https://pension.hewitt.com/notredame in your browser at any computer with Internet access (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.) on or off-campus or through the YPR link at InsideND.
What is my user name and password?
Aon Hewitt will mail a letter to your home when you become eligible. Your user name is your ND NetID. This is generally the fist letter of your first name followed by your last name, for example, “jsmith.” More about your ND NetID. The letter from Aon Hewitt contains a secure password that you will be asked to change when you access YPR for the first time. Aon Hewitt will issue an email confirming a reset of your password.
Can I run an estimate for a specific date and age even if I am not eligible to retire at that time?
No. YPR will only run estimates for dates on which you are eligible to begin your retirement benefit. Normal retirement is age 65 with 5 years of service. Early retirement may be at age 62 with 10 years of credited service or age 55 with 15 years of credited service.
Can I run an estimate on a future job I hope to have at the University?
No. YPR runs estimates based upon participant data such as age, years of service and earnings. It does not permit changes to that data.
How many estimates can I run?
You can run as many estimates as you want. However, there is a limit to the number you can store in YPR. The estimate will not vary much from month to month. Salary and hours in YPR are updated monthly when Notre Dame sends a data file to Aon Hewitt; however, it may take up to 60 days for the new data to be reflected in YPR.
What should I do if I receive an error message when I am trying to run an estimate?
You can correct some of the general errors yourself by changing the variables such as retirement date, benefit commencement date and/or age at retirement. There are some system errors that HR will need to assist with. In this instance, please write down the error number of the text of the error message and contact askHR at 574-631-5900 or email askHR@nd.edu.
I’m not really comfortable using a computer, what assistance can I receive?
Human Resources can assist you.
I’d like to learn more about the Pension Plan. What can I do?
Four quick ways to learn more about the Pension Plan:
- Access YPR and run an estimate
- On the YPR Home Page under Documents, click on the link that says “Benefits Manuals.” This brings you to a series of links that when clicked provide information about retirement eligibility, payment methods, death benefits, Social Security as well as the full Summary Plan Description for the Pension Plan.
- The Retirement Benefits sections of the HR website.
- Attend a NDRetire Information Session. You can register through the eNDeavor system, or by calling askHR.
Who do I call if I have a question about using YPR or any of the information in YPR?
Please contact askHR at 574-631-5900 or askHR@nd.edu.
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2017?