Certain events in your life may require that you make changes to your medical, dental, and/or vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account(s), life insurance, and/or retirement programs. With the exception of retirement programs*, there are only two times when you are able to make changes to your benefits:
1) During the annual Open Enrollment period
2) Within 31 days of a qualifying event.
Qualifying events include:
- When your dependent child loses eligibility
- When you get married
- When you have a child
- When you adopt a child or are granted legal guardianship
- When there is a death in your immediate family
- When you get divorced
- When your dependent spouse or child obtains insurance coverage
- When your dependent spouse or child loses his/her insurance coverage
- When you terminate your employment with Notre Dame
These events may result in a premium change for you and your family. Qualifying events that occur prior to the 16th of the month will result in premium changes retroactive to the first of that month. If the qualifying event occurs on or after the 16th of the month, the premium change will be effective the first of the month following the change.
How to change your benefits enrollments
Prior to Sept. 1, 2016: please contact askHR at 574-631-5900 or askHR@nd.edu.
After Sept. 1, 2016: benefits enrollment changes may be made online at mybenefits.nd.edu.
Note: dependent verification may be required. When enrolling a spouse or child (or changing a spouse or child’s enrollment) in University Benefits, the University of Notre Dame requires documentation that demonstrates the current spousal or child relationship. These documents must be uploaded digitally to mybenefits.nd.edu during the benefits enrollment or change process. Please review the Dependent Verification page for more information about acceptable verification documents.
Important: your online change request and dependent verification documentation must be submitted within 31 days from the date of the qualifying event.
* Changes can be made to your retirement plan anytime throughout the year.