The University offers benefit-eligible employees a vision care program through EyeMed Insight with savings on:
- Eye examinations
- Contact lenses
- Lens options and accessories
- Lasik and PRK corrective procedures
- EyeMed Vision Benefit Summary (PDF)
- EyeMed Vision Care Services Summary (PDF)
EyeMed Insight allows you to visit independent ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, and LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Target, J.C. Penney and Sears locations all across the country. Claim forms are not required for in-network services. For a complete list of Insight Plan participating providers, visit EyeMed’s member login page.
Unmarried dependent children who meet the dependent verification requirements are eligible up to the age of 19. If they are a full-time student they may be covered up to the age of 25. If a child loses eligibility, their coverage will terminate at the end of the calendar month in which they lose eligibility.
Claim forms are not necessary for in-network services. For a complete list of participating providers, visit the EyeMed web site at www.enrollwitheyemed.com.
- Orthoptic or vision training, subnormal vision aids, and any associated supplemental testing.
- Aniseikonic lenses
- Medical and/or surgical treatment of the eye, eyes, or supporting structures.
- Corrective eyewear required by an employer as a condition of employment.
- Services provided as a result of any Worker’s Compensation law, or similar legislation, or required by any governmental agency or program whether federal, state or subdivisions thereof.
- Plan non-prescription lenses and non-prescription sunglasses (except for 20% discount).
- Services or materials provided by any other group benefit providing for vision care.
For more resources and answers to your questions on vision health and wellness, visit EyeMed’s Eye Site On Wellness website at www.eyesightonwellness.com.
Boling Laser Center
The Boling Laser Center has agreed to offer a discounted corporate rate for refractive vision correction (LASIK). A discount of 15% off the standard fee in effect at the time of treatments will be extended to employees. Employees must show a Notre Dame Employee identification card to receive the discount.
Grossnickle Eye Center
The Grossnickle Eye Center has agreed to offer a discounted corporate rate for refractive vision correction (LASIK). A reduction of $200 per eye from the standard fee in effect at the time of treatments will be extended to employees. Employees must show a Notre Dame Employee identification card to receive the discount.
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2016?