Over-The-Counter Drugs And Medications
The recently enacted PPACA has changed the rules for the purchase of over-the-counter (OTC) products using your Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Effective January 1, 2011, FSA funds can no longer be used to purchase OTC medicine and drugs unless a prescription is obtained. The plan will reimburse a reasonable quantity of up to two containers (e.g., bottles, jars, tubes, etc.) per month, of the same drug or medication per participant. Please note that this list is not meant to be an all inclusive list, and if there are differences between this list and IRS regulations, the IRS regulations prevail.
- Allergy Medications e.g. Claritin, Benedryl, Tylenol Allergy (prescription required for 2011)
- Antacids e.g. Maalox, Prilosec, Tagamet, Tums
- Anti-Diarrhea Medication/Laxatives e.g. Immodium, Ex Lax
- Anti-Fungal Creams e.g. Cold Sore Medications, Medicated Foot Powder
- Anti-Itch Creams/Medications e.g. Benadryl, Cortizone Creams, Vagisil
- Cold/Cough/Sinus Medications e.g. Contact Capsules, Robitussin, Tylenol Sinus, Cough Drops, Sinus Sprays (prescription required for 2011)
- Eye and Ear Care e.g. Visine
- First Aid Creams/Topical Antibiotics e.g. Bactine, Desitin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Neosporin, Special Sunburn Ointment
- Suppositories and Creams for Hemorrhoids e.g. Preparation H
- Motion Sickness Pills e.g. Dramamine
- Nicotine Gum or Patches e.g. Nicotrol, Nicoderm
- Pain Relievers e.g. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Midol, Motrin, Tylenol (prescription required for 2011)
- Topical Creams/Medications e.g. Ambesol, Bengay, Mentholatum, Orajel
- Incontencence Items
- Diabetic Care e.g. Lancets, Monitors, Test Strips, Alcohol Wipes and Swabs
- How do I contact The Hartford?
- How do I complete the new online Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) Process?
- How do I schedule a confidential one-on-one consultation with a Fidelity Planning and Guidance Consultant regarding my UND 403(b) Retirement Plan?
- How do I get a copy of my (Medical / Dental / Vision) ID card?
- What are the dates for paid holiday time in 2017?