What is Castlight?
Castlight is an online healthcare comparison and pricing tool for Notre Dame Faculty and Staff.
What will Castlight show me?
- Your past medical spending. See how much you’ve paid for your previous medical care and why.
- Your remaining deductible. You’ll see how close you are to meeting your deductible for the year.
- Estimated costs. Search for specific services and see personalized cost estimates based on your health plan, location, and how much of your deductible has been met.
- Patient reviews. See provider ratings and read the experiences of other patients in their own words.
- Provider quality. Use Castlight to compare providers. See where different doctors went to medical school, how long they have been practicing, and what they charge.
When to use Castlight
Use Castlight anytime you want to make a more informed decision before choosing care. For example, knowing how much you’ve spent in the past can help you gauge how high of a deductible you can handle for 2017, or how much you might set aside in a Flexible Spending Account.
Or, use Castlight when your doctor recommends labs, specialists, or other medical services. Many doctors recommend providers without knowing how much they will cost, or whether there are alternatives. Castlight gives you options and shows you the costs and quality of healthcare.
Secure and private
Castlight maintains the highest standards of security and meets all federally-mandated guidelines—including HIPAA—to ensure your privacy and data security. Upon registration, claims data is obtained from Meritain, the third-party administrator of the University’s medical plan. Your use of Castlight is private: nothing is shared with the University. For more information about Castlight’s strict security and privacy standards, visit us.castlighthealth.com/privacy
To register MyCastlight.com/notredame